See below for the Vancouver Jamboree schedule. Remember to turn in your permission form to your coach!2020-Strath-SASC-Jamboree
SASC gym bags are available for purchase! These blue and white custom bags are great for holding your player shoes, jersey and sweats.
Gym Bag Ordering:
Order your SASC gym bag online through the online SASC Gym Bag Order Form no later than Tuesday, January 28th, 2020. If you are ordering for more than one player, please submit a new order form.
$44.59 (tax included), which includes the player’s name on the side of the bag and shoulder strap.
Payment for gym bag orders are due at Picture Night January 28th, 2020 and will be collected in the Social Hall of Blaine Methodist Church at the Team Picture Ordering table. Payment will be accepted by cash or check ONLY. Checks should be made out to Seattle Asian Sports Club. If you are unable to attend Picture Night to provide payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As bags are custom ordered you will be contacted when your bag is available. Once ordered, it will take about 2 weeks to have the bags made.
Picture Night 2020 will be on Tuesday January 28th, 2020 in the Social Hall at Blaine Memorial United Methodist Church (3001 24th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144). Picture Night schedule is below (pdf is two pages).
Instructions for families:
- Please have your player at the Social Hall of Blaine Methodist Church ten (10) minutes ahead of their team’s scheduled photo shoot. Late arrivals throw off the entire schedule. If team members are late, there is no guarantee that team pictures will be retaken.
- If your player cannot be at the photo shoot, please let your coach know in advance.
- To pre-order a team picture, please complete the online SASC Team Picture Order Form no later than Tuesday January 28th. Payment for picture orders are due at Picture Night and will be collected in the Social Hall of Blaine Methodist Church at the Team Picture Ordering table. Payment will be accepted by cash or check ONLY. Checks should be made out to Seattle Asian Sports Club.
Instructions for Coaches:
- Coordinate with your Team Coordinator to make sure each of your team members receive a copy of this schedule.
- Team pictures will be taken with year’s ‘new’ white long-sleeve t-shirts in lieu of SASC uniforms! We are working on distributing t-shirts to teams. If your team has not received one by Picture Night, they will be available on site.
- Please have your team lined up, dressed in SASC uniforms, and ready for their photo shoot five (5) minutes before your scheduled time. Line players up from tallest to shortest.
SASC Picture Ordering
Team pictures will be taken by Yuen Lui Studio and are available for purchase
Pre order your SASC Team pictures(s) online through the SASC Team Picture Order Form no later than Tuesday, January 28th, 2020. If you are ordering for more than one player, please submit a new order form.
$10 per 5×7 Team Photo
Payment for picture orders are due at Picture Night January 28th, 2020. and will be collected in the Social Hall of Blaine Methodist Church at the Team Picture Ordering table. Payment will be accepted by cash or check ONLY. Checks should be made out to Seattle Asian Sports Club.
Team pictures will be distributed through each player’s SASC coach.
SASC has an ongoing relationship with Strathcona Community Centre in Vancouver, B.C. All SASC teams travel to Vancouver for a two-day basketball jamboree. This year’s jamboree will occur on President’s Day weekend, February 15-16th, 2020. Games are played on Saturday and Sunday. Each SASC team will play at least one game each day.
SASC has organized a group rate at the River Rock Casino (http://www.riverrock.com/) in Richmond this year. Rates listed below are in Canadian dollars. Rooms subject to $10 resort fee, 11% hotel tax, 5% GST and 1% Destination Marketing Fee. The group rate is valid from Feb 14-17th 2020.
- Standard hotel room with 2 queen beds: $184
- 1 Bedroom Suite (Resort): $224
- 1 Bedroom Suite (Marina): $244
- 2 Bedroom Suite: $354
- Swimming pool, water slide, fitness center
- In room internet access
- In room coffee and tea
- Local and 1-800 calls
To reserve your rooms, call River Rock at 1-866-748-3718. Please let them know that you are booking under the Seattle Asian Sports Club block. Reservations must be held with an individual credit card. If members cancel within 24 hours of date of arrival, they will be charged for one night stay. These rates will be available through January 14, 2020. After this date, rooms will be released and River Rock is not obligated to honor these rates.
***All players going to Vancouver must fill out a permission form. Please fill out the permission form and return to your coach. Permission forms are due to coaches by February 1st.***
It’s almost time to put all those practices to the test! The weekend of January 4-5th will kick off the 2020 Seattle Parks season. The game schedules are now available at http://sascsports.org/basketball/basketball-season/game-schedules/. 5th-7th graders will play on Saturdays and 8th-12th graders will play on Sundays. We are looking forward to another fun and rewarding basketball season.
The school gyms we practice on will be closed when the kids are out for winter break. As such, your coaches will be in contact with you regarding your holiday practice schedule.
Its that time of year for SCAAs Winter Jamboree. Come out and support your SASC teams as they show off skills.
Date: Saturday December 14th
Location: Asa Mercer Middle School
COURT 1 – 10am SASC 10b, M. Shimomura
COURT 2 – 10am SASC 10b, M. Turner
COURT 1 – 11am SASC 12g, R. Huie
COURT 2 – 12pm SASC 14g, L. Ikeda
COURT 2 – 1pm SASC 12b, B. Saunders
COURT 2 – 2pm SASC 13b, D. Sianson
Please click link to view the weekly practice schedule for upcoming season.